I always loved the idea of a house left locked for a few hours. All the life is still in its walls, no dust will gather on the coffee table, nothing will change by the time you come back to it.
But won’t anything happen to a locked house? Happenings, listed :
- leftover tea in cups, gets darker and stronger
- cupboards closed in a hurry will creak open, awaiting your arrival
- clothes on the line will dry and bleach in the Indian summer
- A forgotten night lamp will stand a stupid vigil to your house
- Your house changes colour from a transparent white to a translucent orange by the end of the day
Things happen in a locked house.